A new artificial intelligence (AI) model developed by Harvard Medical School and Taiwan’s National Cheng Kung University could provide much-needed clarity to clinicians presenting prognoses and deciding on therapies for patients with colon cancer. The new program effectively predicts how aggressive a colorectal tumor is, how likely the patient is to survive with and without disease recurrence, and what the best therapy could be for them based solely on photographs of tumor samples – microscopic renderings of cancer cells. Having a tool that answers such questions could assist clinicians and patients in navigating this perplexing disease, which is the world’s second-deadliest cancer. Colon cancer often behaves differently even among people with similar disease profiles who receive the same treatment, meaning this new tool could ultimately prevent a percentage of the lives lost to colorectal cancer each year. Early detection is key to preventing colon cancer deaths which is why Mainz Biomed (NASDAQ:MYNZ) has developed ColoAlert, an accurate, non-invasive, and simple-to-use colorectal cancer early-detection diagnostic test. Exact Sciences (NASDAQ:EXAS), Guardant Health (NASDAQ:GH), Veracyte (NASDAQ:VCYT) and Bausch Health Companies (TSX:BHC) (NYSE:BHC) are other companies offering tests for the detection of colorectal cancer.
Mainz Biomed (NASDAQ:MYNZ) creates commercially viable molecular genetic diagnostic solutions for critical illnesses. The company’s flagship product is ColoAlert, an early detection diagnostic test for colorectal cancer based on real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) multiplex detection of molecular-genetic indicators in stool samples that is accurate, non-invasive, and easy to use. Currently, Europe is ColoAlert’s primary market, however
Mainz Biomed is planning to begin enrollment in a crucial FDA clinical study in 2023 to gain US permission.
On May 3, Mainz Biomed announced that it has added Eurofins GeLaMed to its network of lab partners offering PCR test kit processing of ColoAlert, its flagship product that is a highly efficacious and easy to use at-home screening test for colorectal cancer (CRC). Eurofins GeLaMed has four locations throughout Germany and is part of Eurofins Scientific, an international laboratory group with more than 61,000 employees in 61 countries, conducting more than 450 million tests annually.
Eurofins GeLaMed offers a wide range of high-quality services across eleven medical departments covering advanced and modern diagnostic options in human genetics, medical microbiology, laboratory medicine and molecular diagnostics. According to GeLaMed, its staff of nearly 500 process over 15,000 orders per working day and offer more than 2,000 different analytical methods from their laboratory medicine and microbiology portfolios under the direction of medical specialists.
Eurofins’ Business Line Director Clinical Diagnostics DACH Marcus Cholewa expressed excitement about the collaboration between Mainz Biomed and Eurofins GeLaMed, stating that Eurofins is always dedicated to delivering excellent customer service, quality, and advanced analytical solutions, as well as the most comprehensive range of testing methods. He also mentioned that Eurofins has a history of introducing innovative and high-value diagnostic testing products, and that by collaborating, they could assist in identifying colorectal cancer (CRC) and provide patients with personalized information to effectively manage their health.
Under the terms of the agreement, Eurofins GeLaMed will offer ColoAlert at its testing sites and Mainz Biomed will assist with physician and patient education programs as part of the March Colorectal Cancer Awareness month, highlighting the importance of early screening for the detection and prevention of CRC.
On April 4, Mainz Biomed announced that three German-based companies have incorporated ColoAlert into their respective corporate health programs.
Health Companies Are Developing Solutions to Detect Cancer More Accurately
Exact Sciences (NASDAQ:EXAS) presented new data highlighting the company’s novel technology and approaches to early cancer detection at the American Association for Cancer Research® (AACR) Annual Meeting 2023, which was held in Orlando, Florida, from April 14 to 19. The data presentations from Exact Sciences support its blood-based, multi-cancer early detection (MCED) test, preliminary data for the company’s molecular residual disease (MRD) technologies, strategies to improve colorectal cancer screening outcomes, and a study involving the OncoExTraTM test, which uses next-generation sequencing (NGS) to assess a tumor’s RNA and DNA to help inform treatment decisions.
Guardant Health, Inc. (NASDAQ:GH) and the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (PICI), a network with the largest concentration of immuno-oncology (IO) expertise in the world, have entered into a research collaboration agreement to study the correlation between molecular cancer biomarkers and patient response to immunotherapy treatment across more than 14 cancer types. Under the agreement, Guardant Health will analyze blood samples from PICI’s RADIOHEAD (Resistance Drivers for Immuno-Oncology Patients Interrogated by Harmonized Molecular Datasets) prospective study of 1,200 community hospital patients on standard-of-care immune checkpoint inhibitor (ICI) treatment regimens. GuardantINFINITY’s genomic and epigenomic profiling will analyze each patient’s tumor response.
Veracyte (NASDAQ:VCYT) announced on April 17 that new data published in European Urology Oncology suggest the Decipher Prostate Genomic Classifier may help identify prostate cancer patients with micrometastatic disease (difficult-to-detect tumor cells that extend beyond the prostate) who may benefit from systemic treatment intensification. In men with high-risk and extremely high-risk disease, Decipher Prostate scores are substantially linked with clinical algorithm upstaging predictions for prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA) positron emission tomography (PET) positivity.
Bausch Health Companies (TSX:BHC) (NYSE:BHC) and Salix Pharmaceuticals, its gastroenterology business, will collaborate with the Colorectal Cancer Alliance (Alliance), the nation’s nonprofit leader dedicated to combating colorectal cancer, to increase awareness and access to preventative colorectal screenings in medically underserved communities.The Alliance will launch a colorectal cancer screening and prevention campaign in Philadelphia this May, with a focus on the communities with the largest health inequalities. Salix will give its prescription bowel preparation medicine to those who require a colonoscopy to help the Alliance’s work to enhance access to these exams.
In fiscal 2022, Mainz Biomed’s ColoAlert revenue increased by 130% year-over-year. The Company had a $17.1 million cash Balance at the end of the year.
Featured Image MegaPixl @ Bogdanhoda
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Mainz Biomed NV. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Mainz Biomed NV’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) seventy three thousand three hundred forty USD for 17 days (13 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Mainz Biomed NV’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Mainz Biomed NV’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Mainz Biomed NV’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Mainz Biomed NV intends to offer; (e) Mainz Biomed NV’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Mainz Biomed NV’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Mainz Biomed NV’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Mainz Biomed NV’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Mainz Biomed NV’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Mainz Biomed NV’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Mainz Biomed NV’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Mainz Biomed NV’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Mainz Biomed NV to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Mainz Biomed NV’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Mainz Biomed NV’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Mainz Biomed NV’s business operations (e) Mainz Biomed NV may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Mainz Biomed NV undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Mainz Biomed NV nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Mainz Biomed NV nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Mainz Biomed NV or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Mainz Biomed NV or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Mainz Biomed NV or such entities.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed