Photo from Unsplash
Originally Posted On: https://www.goodcook.com/recipes/steak-and-avocado-tostadas
Steak & Avocado Tostadas
This recipe isn’t just a boring old tostada. It’s a gorgeously savory tostada, layered with an incredibly creamy homemade Avocado-Cilantro Pesto, grilled steak, crunchy red bell peppers, zesty onions, cool Queso Fresco cheese crumbles, and a smidgen of cilantro. Perfect for parties or hot nights when you can’t bear the thought of turning on your oven, you’re going to love this recipe!
- Difficulty: Low
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Type: Dinner
- Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ribeye or flank steak
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pinenuts
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup Quesco Fresco, crumbled
- 12 tostada shells
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle steak with olive oil, salt and pepper generously.
- Grill until cooked to preference.
- Remove from grill, allow to sit for 10 minutes, then slice steak into thin strips.
- In a blender or food processor, combine 2 avocados, 1/2 cup of cilantro, lime juice, sour cream, pine nuts, and garlic. Puree, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread on top of tostadas.
- Layer steak, bell pepper, onion, and queso fresco on top of the tostadas. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.