Energy Open Interest +5% y/y
Total Futures & Options1 ADV +12% y/y in December; +6% y/y in 2022
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading global provider of data, technology and market infrastructure, today reported December, Fourth Quarter and Full Year trading volume and related revenue statistics, which can be viewed on the company’s investor relations website at https://ir.theice.com/ir-resources/supplemental-information in the Monthly Statistics Tracking spreadsheet.
“A radically different picture for natural gas was formed last year, with the U.S. now a leading supplier of much needed LNG to Europe, while interest rate derivative markets proved critical in 2022 to investors needing to manage inflation and reactions from Central Banks in a way not seen for a generation,” said Ben Jackson, President at ICE. “Across asset classes, our customers rely on the liquidity of ICE’s markets, and the transparency of price formation and discovery we provide, to manage their risk exposures, and by successfully doing that, protecting end consumers around the world.”
- Total average daily volume1 (ADV) up 12% y/y in December and up 6% y/y in 2022
Energy open interest (OI) up 5% y/y
Total Natural Gas OI up 15% y/y; ADV up 25% y/y in December, up 13% y/y in 4Q22 and up 17% y/y in 2022
- North American natural gas OI up 25% y/y; ADV up 45% y/y in December, up 28% y/y in 4Q22 and up 24% y/y in 2022
- Total Natural Gas OI up 15% y/y; ADV up 25% y/y in December, up 13% y/y in 4Q22 and up 17% y/y in 2022
Total Ags & Metals OI up 3% y/y; ADV up 17% y/y in December, up 18% y/y in 4Q22 and up 5% y/y in 2022
- Sugar OI up 4% y/y; ADV up 27% y/y in December, up 30% y/y in 4Q22 and up 5% y/y in 2022
- Cocoa OI up 14% y/y; ADV up 17% y/y in December, up 19% y/y in 4Q22 and up 19% y/y in 2022
- Cotton OI up 12% y/y; ADV up 14% y/y in December, up 9% y/y in 4Q22 and up 7% y/y in 2022
Total Financials1 ADV up 30% y/y in December and up 19% y/y in 2022
Total Interest Rate1 ADV up 46% y/y in December and up 20% y/y in 2022
- Euribor OI up 21% y/y; ADV up 87% y/y in December, up 27% y/y in 4Q22 and up 66% y/y in 2022
Equity Indices ADV up 10% y/y in 4Q22 and up 15% y/y in 2022
- MSCI ADV up 12% y/y in 4Q22 and up 19% y/y in 2022
- FTSE ADV up 7% y/y in 4Q22 and up 7% y/y in 2022
- Total Interest Rate1 ADV up 46% y/y in December and up 20% y/y in 2022
- NYSE cash equities ADV up 6% y/y in 4Q22 and up 4% y/y in 2022
- NYSE equity options ADV up 6% y/y in 2022
- OTC & Other revenues are expected to be approximately $100 million in 4Q’22. Relative to 3Q’22 the decrease is primarily due to lower collateral balances at ICE clearinghouses and lower regulatory fees.
1ADV has been adjusted to reflect a common contract size between SONIA and legacy Sterling for comparison purposes.
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company that designs, builds and operates digital networks to connect people to opportunity. We provide financial technology and data services across major asset classes that offer our customers access to mission-critical workflow tools that increase transparency and operational efficiencies. We operate exchanges, including the New York Stock Exchange, and clearing houses that help people invest, raise capital and manage risk across multiple asset classes. Our comprehensive fixed income data services and execution capabilities provide information, analytics and platforms that help our customers capitalize on opportunities and operate more efficiently. At ICE Mortgage Technology, we are transforming and digitizing the U.S. residential mortgage process, from consumer engagement through loan registration. Together, we transform, streamline and automate industries to connect our customers to opportunity.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located here. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading “Key Information Documents (KIDS).”
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 -- Statements in this press release regarding ICE's business that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE's Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2021, as filed with the SEC on February 3, 2022.
SOURCE: Intercontinental Exchange
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230105005433/en/
ICE Investor Relations Contact:
+1 678 981 3882
ICE Media Contact:
+1 212 656 2490